The National Quality Standard (NQS) sets a national benchmark for early childhood education and care, and outside school hours care services in Australia and every service must comply with rigorous health and safety requirements.
Cowaramup Child Care Centre are proud to exceed these National Standards in Child Care.
To ensure children enjoy the best possible conditions in their early educational and developmental years, the NQS promotes continuous improvement in quality.
The major benefits for parents and children include:
- improved educator to child ratios
- greater individual care and attention for children
- educators with increased skills and qualifications
- better support for children’s learning and development
- a national register to help parents assess the quality of education and care services in their area.
New and consistent ratings
The NQS introduces ratings for children's education and care services. The ratings cover Australian long day care, family day care, outside school hours care and some preschools/kindergartens.
Each service receives a rating for:
- seven quality areas, and
- an overall rating.
The seven quality areas covered by the National Quality Standard are:
- Educational program and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management
You can find out more information by visiting ACECQA - Australia's Children's Education & Care Quality Authority.